NYC Health + Hospitals is hiring for 2 LGBTQ Community Liaisons to strengthen internal training and capacity building across the System on LGBTQ affirming services, as well as to support program management and community partnerships to advance LGBTQ health equity.
To view the full job description or to apply, go to http://employment.nychhc.org and search using the job ID number 62622.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
NYC Health + Hospitals (the System) is committed to empowering lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) New Yorkers to live their healthiest life possible. To address the challenges that LGBTQ communities experience in accessing affirming healthcare, the System is hiring an LGBTQ Community Liaison to strengthen internal training and capacity building across the System on LGBTQ affirming services, as well as to support program management and community partnerships to advance LGBTQ equity.
General tasks and responsibilities will include:
The LGBTQ Community Liaison will report to the Office of Diversity and Inclusion and work closely with the Associate Director of Gender Equity to:
- Expand internal staff capacity for LGBTQ affirming services, including facilitating workshops, training staff across the System, and presenting on LGBTQ health equity.
- Liaise with internal departments and provide project management and operations support to advance LGBTQ equity across the System.
- Identify grant opportunities and draft grant proposals to support LGBTQ equity program.
- Form relationships with community organizations and government partners.
- Organize events and develop educational resources to increase knowledge about the System’s LGBTQ services.
- Track and report metrics to determine success of LGBTQ program.
- Ability to travel city-wide and to occasionally work flexible hours outside of the 9-5 schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.