SPECIAL EVENT--THURSDAY, MAY 26th
Meeting Date: Thursday, May 26, 2021
Meeting Time: 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Zoom Link: Click here.
Sunday, May 22nd, 2022 | 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Meet at the Pride Center, 28 S. Franklin Street, Nyack
Spend some time in community with Alex Francisco, who is also the Director of Youth & Young Adult Services.
We may decide to walk down to the park if the weather allows, so bring a picnic dinner and a blanket or chair. Water and light snacks provided.
This series is sponsored by friend and supporter Lena Anne Krug.
Question? Please email Kris Hillen at [email protected]
For the first time EVER, Yonkers Pride is awarding three $1,000 Scholarship to a current Yonkers Public High School students who will be attending an accredited college, university, or vocational school in US or Canada for Fall 2022!
Please share with any senior high school student or teachers!
Learn more here!
Join this webinar to expand your knowledge of the LGBTQ+ community, the ways they have been discriminated against throughout history, and how they are protected by the Fair Housing Act.
Date: Thursday, May 26, 2022; 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. EDT
Webinar Host: Victoria Kirby York, Deputy Executive Director, National Black Justice Coalition
Opening Remarks: Demetria McCain, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, HUD Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
Speakers: Shivaughn Ferguson, Director of Fair Housing, HOME of Virginia; Karen Loewy, Senior Counsel, Lambda Legal; Ryan Weyandt, Chief Executive Officer, LGBTQ+ Real Estate Alliance
PPHP is starting a Community Advisory Board (CAB) and are currently recruiting members. The main goal of the CAB is to make abortion more accessible and equitable. PPHP's CAB will be comprised of patients, community members, and community partners, and will focus on discussing the barriers many face when accessing abortion services and what resources may help mitigate those challenges. A few more details:
- PPHP is intentionally seeking to recruit a diverse group of individuals, with varying identities and perspectives. Having personal experience with an abortion is not required to join the CAB, and they will not ask potential CAB members to disclose this information.
- Youth are encouraged to join, but will need a guardian’s permission if they are under 18.
- The CAB will meet virtually over Zoom between 4-6 times between May 2022 and January 2023.
- Each CAB member will receive $50 for each 2-hour virtual CAB meeting.
- Spanish interpretation will made available
If you are interested, please fill out the interest form here.
Do not hesitate to reach out to [email protected] with any questions.
Youth Empowerment Program Applications are LIVE
After a 2 year hiatus (due to COVID-19), we are thrilled to announce that our Young Women at the Helm and LGBTQ+ Allies at the Helm are returning this summer! Check out our flyer for more details and submit or share our application here for a chance to participate in a free, three-day, one-of-a-kind adventure on the mighty Hudson River. Ages 14-18 only.
The LOFT LGBTQ+ Community Center is proud to partner with Upstream Gallery for Queer Perspectives Art Show.
We invite all artists exploring LGBTQ+ themes to submit recent work for a national juried show held at Upstream Gallery from June 23rd to July 17th, 2022. We seek current, creative, personal explorations of LGBTQ+ life, issues, history, and culture. Our aim is to draw attention to and celebrate the less often heard voices and thoughts of this vital part of our artistic community.
The 2022 SNEP Symposium will be held at Stonewall National Museum & Archives in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on April 14th–16th, as well as virtually the same weekend. (Register here!)
- An LGBTQ+ Inclusive Curriculum Panel featuring K-12 educators
- A workshop by the NEA on “A Right To Workplace”, focusing on LGBTQ+ Educators
- Networking opportunities and the chance to co-plan with educators from across the country.
- Workshops on LGBTQ+ advocacy in conservative states, inclusive curriculum, and gender inclusive language practices in teaching Spanish - and more!
Use this link to secure a Marriott hotel near the conference at a reduced rate!
For additional information, contact Dr. Brant at [email protected]
Follow this link: https://tinyurl.com/2p9x69re
Contact: Samantha Favara
914.345.3113 x 308
CLICK THE IMAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION!
Click the image or visit this link for more information: http://nymclacasita.org/