In the form of a multi-day, multi-event fundraiser, GLSEN LHV and QfaC are hosting an LGBTQ+ student/youth-focused series in which people can partake in both relaxing, mindfulness activities and listen in on important conversations encompassing LGBTQ+ mental & emotional wellbeing.
For all of Westchester, Rockland, and Putnam Counties 9-12 grade schools, this series is geared towards LGBTQ+ high school students (13+ years old), educators, community members, and allies who want to hear and learn more about Queer mental health experiences and resources as well as experience grounding mental wellness exercises.
Please see the attached flyers for general information and the below schedule for further details and registration links. At a suggested $15 a ticket, you get to mix & match which events you would like to attend (if not all four). If you know anyone that would like to make a higher donation amount, attending or not attending the events, they can click any of the event links below then clicking the "Tickets" button where they will then have the option to make their preferred donation. Free admission is offered for all high school students, high school educators, and high school psychologists/social workers upon request.
Though you won't be able to see other attendees at each of the events, the panels listed below are separated between students and parents/guardians to maintain a safe space for each group virtually. Please also fill out the brief, anonymous LGBTQ+ student questionnaire or the parents/guardians of LGBTQ+ students questionnaire so we may know if there is anything in particular you would like to hear discussed during the panels.
Thank you, and please email me with any questions or information needed. Feel free to forward this email to any and all interested. See you soon! :)
- Feb. 23rd, 7:00pm - 8:30pm: LGBTQ+ Students-only Mental Wellness Panel Discussion
- Feb. 25th, 5:30pm - 6:30pm: Queer-focused Guided Meditation
- March 2nd, 5:00pm - 6:00pm: Queer-focused Yoga Instruction
- March 4th, 7:00pm - 8:30pm: Parents/Guardians or Adult Allies of LGBTQ+ Students Mental Wellness Panel Discussion
Presented by the Hudson Valley LGBTQ Community Center
Join PPHP for our annual Day of Action, which will be held virtually on March 9, 2021. The day includes:
- An exclusive lobbying 101 crash-course training.
- A virtual rally at noon with Planned Parenthood Federation of America President, Alexis McGill Johnson!
- The opportunity to connect with our state representatives and directly advocate for the issues that impact PPHP and the communities we serve.
Please register at https://www.mobilize.us/ppesa/ February 26 and share this exciting opportunity with your friends and fellow activists. We would LOVE you to also share this opportunity in your network. Here is a link to a Facebook post you can share! Feel free to reach out with any questions.