Interacting with Transgender Clients: A Guide to Working with Transgender People – This interactive workshop will move beyond LGBTQ 101 to focus on information that every practitioner should know about gender identity and development. Participants will be provided with an overview of transgender identities and experiences, and guidance on strategies for creating a safe and affirming environment for transgender and gender non-conforming clients. Participants will learn about how to provide support, the range of interventions available, and best practices for connecting with adjunct services. The NASW-NYS's Westchester Division's LGBTQ Steering Committee members will be present to participate in conversation regarding the availability of local reosurces and ongoing training needs.
- Provide education about gender identity and what it means to be transgender
- Identify and discuss issues that transgender people may face
- Identify ways of speaking and interacting with transgender people in a supportive way
- Learn about range of available treatment options
- Identify available community resources and referrals
NYSED Approved for 3.0 CE Credit Hours
Presenters: Fredrick Dombrowski, PhD, LMHC, CASAC, NCC, CCMHC
NASW Member Fee: $15 | Non-Member Fee: $20
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Fredrick Dombrowski, PhD, LMHC, CASAC, NCC, CCMHC. Presenter bio and photo coming soon.
- 11:00AM - 11:20PM: Welcome and Introductions
- 11:30AM - 2:30PM: Presentation
Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522
Google map and directions