You’re invited to apply to attend WJCS Center Lane’s Pride Camp, a FREE 5-day leadership conference for teens in Westchester County who want to learn how to create community, connect with LGBTQ+ culture and history, and contribute to the world!
- Who: Teens entering 9th grade through graduating 12th grade*
- Where: 30 South Broadway, Yonkers, NY 10701
- When: August 5-8, 10:30-5:30, August 9, 2-8
- Cost: Free! Center Lane provides lunch, snacks, and materials
Join us for a unique opportunity to earn 30 hours of community service while learning more about LGBTQ community, culture, and the contribution that have been made by LGBTQ+ people. Through fun activities, you will…
- Learn about LGBTQ history and the impact the people in our community have made
- Connect with new friends over LGBTQ+ issues and activism
- Explore how LGBTQ+ people navigate intersecting identities, deal with oppression (including racism, sexism, classism, etc) and show resilience.
- Analyze the effect of media like TV, movies, and social media on LGBTQ folks
- Talk about issues important to LGBTQ+ people - including dating and relationships
- Develop skills to imagine the future you want to build and the tools to build it!
- Have the opportunity to share what you’ve learned and what you need with people in positions of influence!
Each day of Pride Camp is super important! Please only commit to coming if you will be able to attend every day of the entire week. Space is limited, so apply soon! To apply, click HERE.
Applications should be submitted by June 15th, 2019
For more information or questions, email [email protected]
*Pride Camp is open to any youth in Westchester County entering 9th-12th grade or graduating HS, including aspiring allies. However, preference will be given to youth who identify as LGBTQ+.
30 S Broadway
Yonkers, NY 10701
Google map and directions