Meet at the CVS parking lot, corner of Broadway and Route 119, Tarrytown, New York
From the organizers: We March Out of Love, Care and Concern for Our People!!! March across the new Tappan Zee Bridge. Hundreds of people will be coming out to join this historic event including people with disabilities. We will also have people potentially getting arrested to help send a clear message about the racism that is killing Black women and girls, and attacking the Black family.
We are turning to the community to help us fundraise for two key things:
- Motorized wheelchairs that can help make the march accessible to EVERYONE.
- Bail fund for people participating in Civil Disobedience
PLEASE help by making donations, sharing this message far and wide, but most importantly, showing up on April 7th! Please connect with the Blackline for more details: www.callblackline.com
A few demands provided by Black Women in Westchester, Ulster, Orange, and Rockland Counties:
- Improved services for Black LGBTQ gender non-conforming folks
- The silence and complacency regarding the continued murder and brutalization of trans women, especially black trans women
- Eradicate poverty
- Address environmental racism that occurs in communities like Newburgh’s PFOS water contamination and generational high lead levels
- Improve education, especially in the East Ramapo School District
- Transform and dismantle the police
- Improve mental health services
- Address drug use impacting Black families, through public health not criminalization
- End the mass incarceration that is tearing Black families apart
- Address disparity in the foster care system
- End sexual violence against Black women. Believe them.
- Job opportunities that include a living wage
- Affordable childcare
- Safe, decent and affordable housing
- Inadequate or non-existent legal criminal defense
- Stop policing Black Women on their anger
- Stop using us for legitimacy in your predominately-White agencies
- Financial institutions cease charging fees for minor transactions
- Access to bank accounts without being charged fees for not maintaining a certain balance
- Ability for undocumented Black and Brown women to secure Drivers' licenses
Click here for more information.
350 S Broadway
Tarrytown , NY 10591
Google map and directions