MEDICAID ENROLLER- PT 17.5 hours/week
Westchester Disabled On the Move Inc. is an Independent Living Center that advocates for and assists people with disabilities. The Centers’ goal is to work with consumers to access the benefits and services necessary to live independently in the community. WDOMI actively engages consumers to advocate on their own behalf on issues that are important to them
General Function: The staff member will provide information and assistance to consumers who are blind aged or disabled in applying for Medicaid in Westchester, Putnam, Rockland, and Orange Counties
Reports to: Program Lead Coordinator
- Provide in-person enrollment assistance to consumers applying for government-sponsored health insurance, with a specific focus on consumers who are aged 65 or older, have disabilities, or are blind;
- Make Public Presentations About the Facilitated Enrollment Program
- Supply information in a fair and impartial manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate, and disability accessible, for those using the Exchange, including individuals with limited English proficiency
- Maintain thorough case records of services provided;
- Provide Reports and Statistics
- Attend all Required Training
- Help identify locations in the community where enrollment can occur
- Other responsibilities identified by Supervisor.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Associate’s Degree. Bachelor’s Degree in human services preferred. Academic background in public health, social work, public administration, strongly preferred
- Experience working disability and/or health care issues a plus
- Must be fluent in English. Proficiency in the second language preferable
- Experience working with Medicaid (preferred)
- Microsoft Office proficient especially Word and Outlook.
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and keep detailed notes of all communications
- Strong communication skills
- Must be a team player
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and able to work independently
- Ability to lift and carry 20 lbs.
- Ability to travel within Westchester
- Must Own Transportation and the ability to travel in the Westchester, Rockland, Orange, Putnam region to do home visits.. Travel reimbursed.
- Paid holidays
- Personal days
- vacation days
- sick days
- Annual partial payout of sick leave
- Retirement Matching Plan with employer match up to 3% of bases salary
- Company cell phone and company laptop/tablet if needed
- Flexible hours
- Membership dues allowance
$1500 bonus after successful completion training and six months employment
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO [email protected] Use the job title as email subject.
Salary commensurate with experience. Range $15470-$18000
NO TELEPHONE INQUIRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED